Sunday, October 19, 2008

Girl stuff

I spend a lot of time thinking and talking about how stupid girls are, but I am, in fact, a girl myself. As such, there are some things I do that feed the stereotype that I so often mock - I love to shop, I love blaring top 40 music on my car radio, and I love shoes.

I spent most of the past couple days moping about and convinced that I had become a sad and lonely cat lady 20 years too early. But this morning I decided to do something to lift my spirits. Something that involved all three of my girlish loves.

I went shopping for shoes.

Driving down the street with my windows cracked (it's a brisk 58 degrees today) and singing along to the new Britney single "Womanizer" was the first step in elevating my spirits. The next song was Pink's "So What" which I nearly shouted in an ectastic delirium.

"So what! I'm still a rock star! I've got my rock moves! And I don't neeeeeeed yoooouuuu! And guess what! I'm having more fun! And now that we’re done! I’m gonna shooooowwwww you tonight! I’m alright! I'm just fine!"

And then, I found not one or two, but three perfect pairs of shoes and two pairs of jeans that are so ass-flattering I might wear them everyday.

So guess what? I am a girl. And I'm feeling pretty damn good about things right now.

No comments: