Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yo Gabba Gabba saved my life



Ok, that's not true. But it is an amazing show. I have to credit Joel McHale for introducing me to it. About a week ago, Pat and I were watching an episode of "The Soup" when a Yo Gabba Gabba clip aired. What was this crazy show, we wondered. We searched for the next episode to queue up on the ol' DVR. Was it worth more than the 15 seconds of time "The Soup" gave it?

It's as if Pat and I were born to be Yo Gabba Gabba's oldest single/childless evangelists. Ok, that sounds creepy. But according to Nick Jr. the show is aimed at the 1+ age group, and we certainly qualify. So what's creepy about a couple of adults enjoying some quality television with bright colors, fun characters, kooky dancing, catchy tunes, and a positive moral message? Not a thing, I say. Plus, the very first episode we saw (we've since gotten about a dozen more)had music from Of Montreal and DataRock. What 1-year old is going to appreciate that?

And having the "wiggle, wiggle baby teeth" song stuck in my head for several days really isn't so bad.

1 comment:

Dave said...

You guys should check out Pancake Mountain.