Thursday, November 6, 2008

Old lady-itis


Last night I went for a 2-mile run after work. It was my first outdoor run in many months. I was a wee bit nervous because I've had some trouble with my knees lately. Also, I am lactose intolerant and don't take vitamins so I'm painfully aware that I will probably develop early osteoporosis and shatter all my bones in a freak accident while making a birthday cake for my cat alone in my house.

During my run, I was pleased to notice that my knees felt great. After I got home, I noticed that my right hip was throbbing - a kind of dull pain that was unlike any running-related joint pain I'd experienced in my knees or ankles. So I figured it would just go away after awhile.

Wrong.

This morning just getting out of bed and walking the 8 feet to the bathroom made me double over in pain and throw up in my mouth a little. And now I'm hobbling around like an old woman, clutching my hips and sighing a lot when I walk around.

It seems perfectly fitting that I'm volunteering at a senior center tonight. Maybe I'll borrow some Ben-Gay from one of the residents. Maybe I'll just reserve a room for myself.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I thought the title of this entry was "Old Lady Tits." I don't know if I'm disappointed or relieved.

clevergirl said...

It's obvious that you're disappointed. And I'm sorry to have let you down. However, it's unlikely that I will ever write a post about old lady tits, so don't hold your breath.