Friday, November 7, 2008

Karma is actually not a bitch at all

Karma Chameleon (Ledge Music Electro 80 Mix) (2005 Digital Remaster) - Culture Club
I don't spend much time thinking about whether I'm a "good" person or not. I just kind of do what I do and hope for the best. But I'm a big believer in karma, so I guess in some ways I'm driven by that.

For example, if I treat someone I care about like shit, I figure that at some point, someone I care about (maybe even that same person) will do the same to me. Or conversely, if I make the person taking my order at the drive-thru laugh, maybe I'll find a dollar on the sidewalk later. I also think that if enough really bad shit happens, at some point it will turn around and good stuff will start to happen.

But, as is my way, I don't consciously think things through most of the time. I don't think, "Hey, if I let this person get in front of me in line, maybe I won't get mugged in the parking lot" or "I'm going to hang out with someone I don't like just because I'm lonely but I fully expect that person to mug me in the parking lot later."

What I'm trying to say is, without even trying, I think I've accumulated quite a few good karma points in the last few days. Which, given my state of affairs for the past few months, is long overdue. The best part is that I actually feel pretty good about things. Oh, and I haven't been mugged in a parking lot either.

No comments: