Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Trying something new

Anyone who knows me knows how much I like pop culture...and not the hip kind of pop culture that's cool to talk about. But since most of my friends are married or busy doing responsible adult-like things, I don't have anyone to share in my enthusiasm. So I'm trying something new.

Talking to my roommate has officially been taken off the list of possibilities. He has vowed to stab me with a butter knife if I threaten to talk about Britney Spears or change the channel from How It's Made to Bad Girls Club. Actually, I'm not allowed to have the remote at all when he's in the room, so I'm subject to his nauseating rapid-fire channel changing - mostly involving American's Funniest Videos, the Weather Channel, Man vs. Wild and The Daily Show.

So, I'm creating a new blog just for my pop culture obsession. I know there are a million blogs about pop music and TV and all that. And I'm not as in touch as I used to be so I don't even have the most interesting and well-informed things to say. I don't know if it's going to ever be worth reading, but it makes me happy to have an outlet. Something about all that TV watching and gossip magazine reading that gives me purpose...

Anyway, find it here: http://pop-snacks.blogspot.com/

No comments: